Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board
Welcome to the Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) website.
The Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board has a statutory duty to co-ordinate how agencies work together to safeguard and promote the well being of children and young people in Birmingham and to ensure the effectiveness of the safeguarding arrangements.
Jane Held, Independent Chair oversees a Board which is made up of senior representatives from the key statutory and voluntary organisations that have responsibility for delivering services to children or have regular contact with children.
Safeguarding children and young people means keeping them safe from neglect and abuse. Any one who comes into contact with children and families has a responsibility to safeguard and promote their welfare. Professionals have a duty to do so. Safeguarding and promoting welfare means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment,
- preventing impairment of children's health or development,
- ensuring children and young people are growing in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances.
Worried about a child?
Outside of normal office hours please call 0121 675 4806 for the Emergency Duty Team
For more information about making a referral and to access the referral form - click here
Birmingham Against FGM Website
Birmingham Against Female Genital Mutilation seeks to lead and co-ordinate multi-agency activity to prevent the practice of FGM:
- by improving education, awareness and prevention work on FGM with agencies professionals, community groups, faith groups and education/youth services,
- by supporting agencies to improve the identification and protection of girls at risk to enable relevant safeguarding referrals to be made.
Birmingham Against FGM Website - www.bafgm.org
BSCB Strategic Plan 2015-17 and Improvement Plan 2015-16
Please find below a copy of the Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board's Strategic Plan 2015-17 and Improvement Plan 2015-16 which was agreed by all partner members of the Board in June 2015.
Updates to the Multi Agency Resolution and Escalation Protocol
Resolution and Escalation Protocol (multi-agency) - Resolution of Professional Disagreements about Safeguarding Children - click here
Summary of changes - click here
Contact List of Agencies Senior Safeguarding Leads - click here