LADO - Local Authority Designated Officers (Position of Trust - Child Safeguarding Concerns)
Birmingham City Council have a Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) Team who will:
- Receive reports about allegations and to be involved in the management and oversight of individual cases;
- Provide advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations, including faith based educational settings;
- Liaise with the police and other agencies;
- Monitor the progress of cases to ensure that they are dealt with as quickly as possible consistent with a thorough and fair process;
- Provide advice and guidance to employers in relation to making referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and regulatory bodies such as Ofsted, the GMC etc. and
- Chair strategy meetings where there is concern about a person in a position of trust.
The LADO service has produced a toolkit that you can access via this site and welcomes any query regarding support around this area. For a copy of the tooklet 'A Guide to Child Protection and Adult Safeguarding for Faith Based Establishments' click here.
The LADO Team can be contacted on Tel: 0121 675 1669.
LADO Referral and Advice Form (Sept 2016) - click here