Strengthening Families Framework
STRENGTHENING FAMILIES MODEL OF CONFERENCING
Birmingham launched “Strengthening Families Framework” on 24 March 2014
The 'Strengthening Families' model aims to foster as far as possible a spirit of collaborative working between professionals and families. The model incorporates a stage of information sharing in which all of those present (including family members) are invited to participate. Family members are asked to put forward their views, to talk about their own strengths/concerns and to contribute ideas about the best way forwards. This provides a balanced picture of the family, and an awareness of some of the positives that already exist, and can be built upon.
Information that is shared within the context of a 'Strengthening Families' conference is organised using a specific framework that also acts as a tool for risk assessment. Further information and a copy of the documentation used for this framework can be accessed by clicking on the icon on the right-hand side of this screen.
With the support from our Partner Agencies we will be able to audit and monitor the progress in order to ensure excellence for Birmingham Children and Families.
A more detailed briefing about this process is available by clicking on the relevant links.
Information for practitioners around the Strengthening Families Framework Model of Conference
1. Child Protection Conference Agenda - click here
2. Child Protection Attendance Sheet - click here
3. Child Protection Information Whiteboard - click here
4. Child Protection Statements Whiteboard - click here
5. My Family Composition - click here
6. Child Protection Families Evaluation Form - click here
7. Child Protection Professionals Evaluation Form - click here
8. Agency Report for Child Protection Conference - click here
9. Child Protection Decision Letter - click here
10. Child Protection Invite Initial Conference Letter Parent - Carer - click here
11. Child Protection Invite Initial Conference Letter Professional - click here
12. Child Protection Invite Initial Conference Letter Child - click here
13. Child Protection Initial Conference Letter age 13+ - click here
Strengthening Families Professionals Leaflet - click here
Strengthening Families Parents Leaflet - click here
Professional agency reports are to be submitted to the following email addresses: