Choosing the course that's right for you
Please note: you need to have attended your own Directorate’s Introduction to safeguarding (Target Group 1) and/or Child Protection for Managers (Target Group 2) before attending any Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board multi-agency course (This does not apply to Strengthening Families Framework and Serious Case Reviews or Conferences).
To help you choose the course that is right for you, each course has been classified and targeted according to the type of delegate at which it is aimed. First use the guide below, to identify which target group best fits you in your current role.
This sets out the target audiences based on their degree of contact with children and/or parents/carers and their level of responsibility in order to assist with the identification of training and developmental needs. These groups are as follows:-
- Target Group 1: Those who have occasional contact with children, young people and/or parents/carers.
- Target Group 2: Those in regular contact or in intensive but irregular contact with children, young people and/or parents/carers.
- Target Group 3: Those who work predominantly with children, young people and/or parents/carers.
- Target Group 4: Those who have particular specialist child protection responsibilities.
- Target Group 5: Professional advisors and designated leads for child protection.
- Target Group 6: Operational managers of services for children, young people and/or parents/carers.
- Target Group 7: Senior managers responsible for strategic management of services for children, young people and/or parents/carers and Members of LSCB's
- Target Group 8: Members of the LSCB including; Board Members, Independent Chair, Directors of Children's Services, Elected Members, Lay Members, Members of Executive and Sub/Task Groups, Business Support Team and Inter-Agency Trainers.